What is HTML?
HTML is a language for describing web pages and stands for HyperText Markup Language.
What does W3C Validation Mean?
Webpage validation involves checking the code used to create a webpage, against a computer-language specification. In other words, the validation process involves checking the HTML, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, and CSS3 code used in web pages to make sure they are well-formatted and well-structured.
The Importance of W3C Validation
It is important to have a web site which is compliant to the web standards for the following reasons:
- Browser Friendliness and Accessibility - The W3C web standard include all of the requirements for accessibility across all browsers. A web sites with valid code, is closer to being a fully accessible site.
- Multiple Device Accessibility - If your site adheres to the most recent W3C CSS standards your site will be accessible across multiple device platforms (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, etc).
- Easy Coding and Maintenance - A site built in conformity to the W3C standards, is easyily manageable and updatable by any web designers.
- Faster Pages - By following W3C standards, the code used in websites is reduced in size while improving efficiency. Because of this, web pages are displayed much faster and flow much better compared to websites that have not been validated.
- Less Bandwidth - Reducing the amount of useless information in the code reduces the use of bandwidth and therefore cost.
- Better User Interaction - Websites not adhering to W3C standards may not be represented properly on all browsers giving users a bad experience. Some features may work in Mozilla Firefox for example, but not work in Internet Explorer giving a different user experience on different browsers in terms of functionality and website layout.
- Improved Compatibility - A web site built meeting the W3C standards can be seamlessly integrated with more external applications.
- Search Engine Optimisation - Valid code is what the search engines understand. And having W3C compliant code will help your website with SEO. Search engine spiders which crawl through content of web pages using the code to index websites faster and more effectively.. When you provide an engine with bad or non-complaint HTML or CSS code, it ignores whatever text is inside those invalid tags. Invalid HTML is going to handicap your site's ability to be searched effectively and it will greatly affect both visibility and traffic to your website.
How we can help you
It's always a good idea to have correct validating code so that your website will look correct in a variety of different browsers, such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and etc.
In our Free website validation service, we will examine pages of your website to not only determine if errors exist, but also inform you of what they are.
Please note, to request this service, please contact us via your domain's email address and the URL website domain must match your email domain.